Finding Balance as a Mom
Ah, “me” time! As a mom, this is often easier said than done, especially on those inevitable days where you just feel like a bad mom. And if you’re anything like me, when you do have some me time, you’re often at a loss for exactly how to spend it – chocolate and your fave TV show? A cup of tea and a good book? Or (and this is what I’m usually guilty of) catching up on some work?
So I turned to blogging buddies from Multicultural Kid Blogs to ask them how they go about finding balance as a mom in the midst of their hectic schedules. Here are their great ideas for how to take care of yourself – from great recipes and crafts to soul therapy. Let me know in the comments how you find balance!
You can find even more ideas on my Mama Self-Care board on Pinterest!
1. Global Table Adventure: Samoan Tropical Salad
2. All Done Monkey: Spiced Vanilla Oatmeal Steamer
3. La Cité des Vents: 4 Delicious Smoothies
4. Bicultural Mama: GF Honeybread with Strawberry Filling
5. Bicultural Mama: Mom’s Easy Dan Ta (Chinese Egg Tart)
6. The European Mama: Death by Chocoate
7. Inspired by Familia: Guilt-Free Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Tarts
8. Mama Smiles: A Dessert for Chocoholics
9. Super Urdu Mom: “My ultimate luxury as a mom is of course sleeping in, a spa trip (who are we kidding if I write spa day!) or a quiet afternoon reading a book in the backyard swinging in the hammock. If none of that is possible I invite a moment of heaven in my life with this simple treat: a bowl of one banana cut in small pieces, add cream, a blob of chocolate ice cream and garnish with walnuts on top- yummy”.
1. Moms and Crafters: Dots n’ Doodles Jar Craft
2. In the Playroom: Zentangle Colouring Pages (for Grown Ups)
3. All Done Monkey: Great Non-Parenting Reads for Parents
4. Moments a Day: Embracing Hobbies
1. Kids Yoga Stories on All Done Monkey: Ten Ways for Moms to Practice Yoga
2. Kids Yoga Stories: Create a Morning Ritual
3. Lady DeeLG: The Importance of Self-Care and 10 Small Things We Can Do
4. Ketchup Moms: 9 Little Steps to Attain Balance in Life
5. Sand In My Toes: Why You Need Me Time Everyday (and Tips on Making the Most of It)
6. Goodness, Grace, and Gratitude: What Does Your Soul Clamour For?
As moms, we are sometimes so focused on caring for our little ones, that we forget to take care of ourselves!
These moms on Instagram stole a moment to show you how they treat themselves (or try to remember to…) Here are some great ideas of how some of our favorite moms on Instagram treat themselves, or take time to relax. Make sure to follow them to see all of their posts!
Mani time! I <3 nail strips! #manicure #nails #beauty #style #fashion #nailstrips #mani #photooftheday #picoftheday A photo posted by menucha (@menuchadesign) on
My favourite weekends are the ones where there’s no busyness. When the kids get out all the toys and create great big imaginary worlds. When Ryan gets to drink his coffee on the back porch, enjoying the peace and quiet. When we make a cake with pink frosting just because we want to. And when I get to take a bubble bath in the middle of the afternoon. Maybe we will decide to do something productive later. Or maybe we’ll stay in our pjs and read books all evening. Either way, my heart is happy. A photo posted by Kalista (@whenwereathome) on
So nice to have a husband who makes #empanadas ! #ticos #tiquizia #puravida #costarica #comida A photo posted by Leanna Alldonemonkey (@alldonemonkey) on
My go to for relaxing- sweet dreams guaranteed #mommylife A photo posted by Alecia Francois (@learning2walk) on
How do you spoil yourself after a stressful day? We are going for #cupcakes, @starbucks coffee, and some #Terraria via #Steam. #videogames #destress #lovemyjob #relaxation #geek #gamergirl A photo posted by Susan Bewley (@susanlbewley) on
Relaxin’ A photo posted by Pam (@ourlittletinies) on