When the weather gets hot, it’s a great time to make this healthy summer dessert! Even better, this Greek yogurt trifle is loaded with fruit and other ingredients you can feel good about serving to your family. Imagine your kids’ faces when you tell them they can have this dessert for breakfast!
Healthy Summer Dessert: Greek Yogurt Trifle
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Enjoy this healthy summer dessert! I love no bake treats like these in the summer, when I really don’t want to turn on the oven.
We just made our Greek yogurt trifle in a large serving bowl, but it would look really lovely to serve it in a trifle bowl!
The great thing about this dessert is that it’s so adaptable. I’m listing below the amounts we used, but you can adjust it to your tastes and preferences.
3 ripe bananas, sliced
2 cups strawberries, sliced
6 cups plain Greek yogurt (you can substitute regular yogurt, but the pudding layer won’t be as firm)
1/4 – 1/3 cup peanut butter
honey, to taste
10 large rectangles of graham crackers
- Add a layer of chocolate chips!
- Add an extra banana or two in the pudding to pump up the flavor and add more natural sweetness.
- Substitute another favorite fruit for the strawberries.
- Add cacao powder to the pudding (as shown here). We used 4 T of cacao powder. Be aware that because the cacao is bitter, you will need to add quite a bit more honey, which makes the pudding layer much runnier. The taste is great, though!
- Crush the graham crackers into small pieces. Do not crush into a powder, or it will be absorbed completely into the pudding layer. Adjust the size of the pieces by how much crunch you would like.
- Mix the yogurt, peanut butter, and honey in the blender until smooth. (If using cacao powder, add now).
- Layer the trifle in your bowl as follows:
- Graham crackers
- Graham crackers
- Repeat layers, ending with the strawberries.
- Chill several hours and serve.
This Greek yogurt trifle was a big hit! My oldest gave this healthy summer dessert a “100, on a scale of 1 out of 10”! What are your favorite summer treats?